Being an adult is difficult. Being a college student can be even more difficult. You have so many things to remember (don’t you have something due today?) and sometimes household items slip through the cracks of your grocery list. Below are a few items you may need to make a quick Walmart run to grab before it’s too late:
1. Can Opener. You know, to open cans. How are you supposed to eat Spaghettios or vegetables, I guess, if you can’t even open the can, you Neanderthal? Most can openers are cheap, but if you’re feeling fancy, invest in an electric can opener.
2. Corkscrew/Bottle Opener. You know, to open bottles. Having one of these nifty tools automatically puts you ahead of a large percentage of your friends. No one thinks about how to open the wine bottle—they’re just excited about the wine.
3. Measuring Cups. No, you don’t know what a cup of sugar looks like. And using your hands to measure is not a great way to make that desert from Pinterest.
4. Chip Clips. Unless you like stale chips, invest in some of these cheap, plastic food-savers. Don’t feel like buying any? Use some clothespins or bread ties. Just don’t let your chips get stale from sitting open on the counter for days.
5. Plunger. For that extra fiber you’ve been eating. On a side-note, you definitely don’t want to get stuck without one of these. When your plumbing problems get too much to handle, you’ll be glad you invested those $5. I guarantee paying for a plumber costs way more.
6. Broom. The floor shouldn’t feel crunchy. When you get home from class or work and just want to kick off your shoes, make sure the floor is swept and ready to meet your bare feet. Plus, what would mother say if she saw your floor?
7. Tape. To hold your life together. And any class projects, posters, or pictures as well.
8. Toaster/Toaster Oven. You can eat something besides ramen, my friend. And if, on the off chance, you really do only eat Ramen, then having a toaster oven may help you get creative with your Maruchan dinners.
9. Curtains. Preferably blackout, because the sun is overrated. They also add a decorative touch to your otherwise lacking space. Shower curtains are always a good idea, too.
10. Lamp. I love lamp. You should, too. If you hate the sun, you need some form of light by which to do your homework. Candlelight is so last century.