Nutella Hot Chocolate
1 cup milk
2½ Tbsp Nutella
1 Tbsp Cocoa
Tiny pinch of salt
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, whisk all ingredients together until well blended and hot.
- Pour in a cup and top with homemade whipped cream and shaved chocolate.
Broiled Bailey’s Hot Chocolate
3 cups milk
1/3 cup half and half
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- In a small saucepan, add milk and half and half. Turn on medium heat and let the mixture warm up. Add chocolate chips.
- Let chocolate chips melt in milk mixture, whisking frequently. Once the chocolate has fully combined, add Bailey’s. Stir to combine and transfer to oven safe mugs.
- Turn on broiler to low. Place marshmallows on top of hot chocolate and place mug under broiler. Keep the oven door open and watch your marshmallows, they cook fast! Once your marshmallows are nice and toasty, remove from heat and enjoy.
1/2 cup eggnog (or soy eggnog)
1/4 cup whole milk (or soy milk)
1/4 cup espresso
Ground nutmeg (optional)
Mix together the eggnog and milk and heat up, either on a stovetop or microwave. Pour the espresso into a mug and top with the hot eggnog and milk mixture, and stir. If you want, sprinkle with ground nutmeg to add pizzazz.
Coquito (Puerto Rican Coconut Eggnog)
1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 15 ounce can sweetened cream of coconut (such as Coco Lopez or Goya)
1 14 ounce can coconut milk
3 cups white rum (gold rum can also be substituted; see notes below for low* and no-alcohol** versions)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cinnamon sticks
1 vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise
Combine evaporated milk, condensed milk, coconut cream, and coconut milk in a large blender and blend until well combined. Add the rum, vanilla, and ground cinnamon, and blend in. If your blender is small, do this in batches and pour into a large bowl as you go.
Pour into a pitcher or glass bottles with sealed lids and drop in the cinnamon sticks and vanilla bean halves. Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least two hours.
Serve straight in small glasses garnished or on the rocks in larger ones. Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a cinnamon stick. Leftovers will keep tightly sealed in the refrigerator for about one week (shake the jar vigorously each time before serving***).
**For a non-alcoholic coquito, cut out the rum, and replace it with one cup ice cold coconut or whole milk and one cup ice cold filtered water.
*** Let sit out for about 15 minutes to thin it out before serving, then shake vigorously.
1.5 ounces spiced rum
2 ounces apple cider
2 ounces apple syrup
2 ounces hot chai tea, chilled
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/2 cinnamon stick
- Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously until combined and chill.
- Strain into an ice-filled rock glass and garnish with an apple slice and piece of a cinnamon stick.
*To make the apple syrup, dissolve equal parts water and sugar over high heat. Grate 1/2 an apple and add 1 cinnamon stick into the boiling mixture, simmer for 10 minutes. Let it cool.
North Pole Strawberry Smoothie
1 package (10 ounces) frozen strawberries in syrup, partially thawed and undrained
1/4 cup water
2 cups vanilla frozen yogurt
2 tablespoons vanilla reduced-fat yogurt
1 strawberry-flavored or peppermint candy cane, about 6 inches long, finely crushed
Betty Crocker™ green decorating gel
- Place strawberries and water in blender. Cover and blend on medium-high speed until slushy. Blend on medium speed until smooth. Transfer to 2-cup measure.
- Wash and dry blender. Place frozen yogurt and reduced-fat yogurt in blender. Cover and blend on medium speed until smooth.
- Place crushed candy cane on small plate. Pipe decorating gel around rim of two 12-ounce glasses. Dip rims into crushed candy.
- Carefully pour yogurt mixture and strawberries at the same time into glasses, creating a half-and-half design. Serve with large drinking straws if desired.
Candy Corn Punch
1/3 part Crush orange soda
1/3 part yellow Gatorade
1/3 part zero calorie lemonade Vitamin Water
- Fill your cup/pitcher/whatever you are using up to the very top with ice.
- Pour the orange soda in first until you’ve filled about 1/3 of your glass.
- Next, slowly pour the Gatorade directly on top of the ice and let it trickle down on top of the orange soda until it fills 2/3 of your glass.
- Finally, slowly pour the lemonade on top of the ice and let it trickle down on top of the Gatorade.
*Note: Take care not to stir this drink or it won’t work.